Saturday, April 2, 2011

just another day

      Blogging seems to be the new way to share your thoughts, emotions, and moments of your day with whoever cares to read it, sort of like a new age therapy.  Just let it all out and you feel better? The way I see it, I believe my life to currently be sitcom worthy. 
      Firstly, my two boys are pretty funny.  I have a four year old, Buddy,  who is smarter than 2 of my 3 younger sisters. At the ripe age of two, Buddy was could turn on a computer and hack into my mom's email.    His favorite hobbies are playing the wii,  watching netflicks, reading the dictionary and of course picking on his little brother. 
      Little brother Declan, age 3, is going to be a great politician, dictator, or end up on SNL.  From the time he was born, he has demanded attention.  As a baby, the way he pounded his fists against the tray of his high chair earned Declan the nick name Mussolini. Dec's mischievous little smile usually charms his way out of anything, except with me of course.
     And then our newest addition, is Miss Finley.  My husband and I never care what gender are babies are, we just hope they are healthy.  We never find out the gender ahead of time.  We liked being surprised and besides, we are just not planners (or you could say we just love unorganized chaos?)  However, after having two boys, we both felt like we had the boy thing down.  My hubby would joke with his friends that he only makes boys, which somehow I think boosts a guy's own image of masculinity extraordinaire.   For me being a die hard "boymom," my third pregnancy was full of comments such as "aren't you hoping for a daughter" and "you need a girl this time!" To which I usually responded with a gaging noise and a sarcastic remark.  I vowed if my baby was a girl I would never dress her in pink, ruffles, lace, or God forbid, animal print. Most importantly, I would never put those ridiculous elastic bands on her head and attach bows or flowers that were larger than her skull. Sure enough, September 16th rolled around and out came a baby girl.  My hubby and I were both immediately elated with a girl! As soon as she was bathed, I stuck a headband on her and had her dressed in a pink onesie.  Every promise I had ever made to myself and husband in regards to apparel for a daughter, flew out the window.  By her third night she was sleeping in a pink hat, with a giant white flower on in, wearing a pink sleeper, trimmed in animal print ruffles.
  The first day of April is always a grand day in our household.  April 1st officially in my mind, marks an end to cold disgusting winter and seasonal depression.  April signifies warmer weather, flowers, green trees, and short sleeves.  The entire winter I fantasize about warmer days spent in the backyard on the swing set, at the park or my all time favorite-petting zoo. Not only that, but, April 1st is exactly one week before one of my most favorite days of the year, my birthday! So of course we went to the petting zoo and said hi to all our animal friends. It was a little chilly but a total blast. The hubby's folks were joining us for dinner so we headed home at reasonable hour so I could pick up the house.  Our house is always somewhat of a disaster zone but I have perfected the art of the emergency clean.  Upon our arrival, I put Miss Fin is her exersaucer and started my e-clean. Light a smelly candle and pray is hides any aroma of dog and whatever else my kid loving house reeks of, check.  Hide all clutter from flat surfaces such as counter tops, desks and tables and shove into drawers (if it fits), check. Gather all laundry on couch and dinning room into laundry baskets to hide in our bedroom, check.  Quickly and efficiently round up all random things on floor, including but not limited too, half eaten-snacks, lonely socks, toys of all kinds, dried up play dough,  crayons and other art supplies, and whatever else our day consisted of. Five minutes into my routine, Dec hollered down the stairs at me announced that had pee-peed all over the floor of the bathroom.  I rushed up the stairs to aid the poor little fella and found him leaning against the doorway wearing solely his fleece jacket and socks.  He looked at me with his shoulders shrugged and eyebrows raised and said "it's a mess, it's just everywhere!" No prob, I thought, 10 minutes until the hubby's folks arrive, that is still a lot of time.  Buddy peeks into the bathroom while I'm scrubbing the floor and asks me what I doing.  I told him I was just cleaning up some pee-pee on the floor. "Well Mom, I hope you have a real great time." Thanks Budman, total blast.  At this point, Finley is done with the exersaucer and starts crying for me.  I finish up and started heading down the stairs when I hear a disagreement between the guys ensue followed by a multitude of footsteps quickly approaching behind me and feel a thud against my back. Buddy's crying, Declan is on my back, still wearing only a polar fleece and socks, and Finley is totally pissed off by now. The hubby is in the driveway, I pick up Fin, throw some skivees on the Deckers, all while trying to get rationalize with Buddy why it's nice to share things with him little brother. The time is up, everybody's at the front door, hopefully everybody looks happy.

2 comments:

  1. Now you have to post pics!! love IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You only know me through stories that I am sure your dear sister has passed on...but I couldn't help laughing (out loud by myself) when I read this post. It reminds me of my life...in fact, last week I was cleaning boy pee off the tiles behind my toilet, while muttering to myself about how is it possible for someone's aim to be so bad...even if you are 5 and 9? I loved reading this...please keep blogging...I promise to continue to check in.
    Smiles,
    Katie M.

    ReplyDelete